• Welcome to BradleyFans.com! Visitors are welcome, but we encourage you to sign up and register as a member. It's free and takes only a few seconds. Just click on the link to Register at the top right of the page, and follow instructions. If you have any problems or questions, click on the link at the bottom right of the page to Contact Us.

Sick of the Criticism

BUfan39

New member
Is anyone tired of people logging on here to rip/bash/insert word here our current players/coaches? It's getting really old. Look, the bottom line is we are a heck of a lot better than were were at this point last year. It's a process. Coach Ford was absolutely the right hire for this University. He is a class act. Would the other coach have started MK last night? Yeah that's what I thought.

He's been here for not quite 2 years. He had to put together a quick recruiting class for year 1. He shouldn't be blamed for that. Give him another few years to get his own players in here. I can guarantee you all, it will be much improved.

Getting on here to bash players means you have no life. I'm so sick and tired of it. Where's the positivity for the improvement in the team this year? Most of you thought BU would win 10-12 games and 6 or so in the Valley this year. We are 16-14 (7-10). I'd say that's a whole lot better than 7-25 (2-16). We've only lost 4 homes games and those being to the #1,2, and 3 teams in the Valley and one of the top 10 teams in the country. Tell me the last time we did that..

If you've got something negative to say about a current player, don't get on here to say it. I'm not the only one on here who is tired of it. Figured it was time to speak up.
 
I agree. Criticizing coaches and players seems to be a past-time for some. Who was criticized?
 
I agree. Who was criticized?

Just in general, tired of people, supposed Bradley fans talking about how happy they will be to see the seniors go and ripping on our bench players for not giving us enough. We have to live with what we've got for now. Saw a lot of negativity over on the PJStar forum this morning. Directed towards Dave Snell too for saying JE would be an NBA player if he was 3 inches taller. While I disagree, it was a disgrace to read what some of those guys had to say about one of the best there is, Mr. Snell has done so much for this University. It needs to stop.
 
Dave Snell is a friend and a legend - anyone slamming him for his opinions is out of line and should apologize - but don't expect anonymous complainers to ever admit they are out of line
 
Dave Snell is a friend and a legend - anyone slamming him for his opinions is out of line and should apologize - but don't expect anonymous complainers to ever admit they are out of line

+1 Couldn't have said it any better
 
Chico depends on how you see things I guess. I do see negativity on this board but that is not what will drive me from this board. What will drive me out is the consistent hijacking of threads to talk about the past and a continuous he said she said of our last coaching regime. I was a big JL fan but am well past the firing. I will say that I will hold certain people accountable if things go in the wrong direction in the long term. That's just the nature of the beast but hopefully things will go forward in a positive way for the program.
 
Chico depends on how you see things I guess. I do see negativity on this board but that is not what will drive me from this board. What will drive me out is the consistent hijacking of threads to talk about the past and a continuous he said she said of our last coaching regime. I was a big JL fan but am well past the firing. I will say that I will hold certain people accountable if things go in the wrong direction in the long term. That's just the nature of the beast but hopefully things will go forward in a positive way for the program.

I was a big JL fan also and I'm also past the past firing and I'm sure Jim is also. Still don't see any individual player bashing on this board.
 
Just in general, tired of people, supposed Bradley fans talking about how happy they will be to see the seniors go and ripping on our bench players for not giving us enough. We have to live with what we've got for now. Saw a lot of negativity over on the PJStar forum this morning. Directed towards Dave Snell too for saying JE would be an NBA player if he was 3 inches taller. While I disagree, it was a disgrace to read what some of those guys had to say about one of the best there is, Mr. Snell has done so much for this University. It needs to stop.

That's terrible that he would get slammed for that! I think Snell knows what he is talking about. He's only been Bradley's play-by-play announcer for over 30 years. Oh, and he is a Bradley alum too. Even if he was wrong on this point (which I don't think he was), why slam the guy for that? I just don't get it.
 
Chico depends on how you see things I guess. I do see negativity on this board but that is not what will drive me from this board. What will drive me out is the consistent hijacking of threads to talk about the past and a continuous he said she said of our last coaching regime. I was a big JL fan but am well past the firing. I will say that I will hold certain people accountable if things go in the wrong direction in the long term. That's just the nature of the beast but hopefully things will go forward in a positive way for the program.

Very true SFP! Everyone who knows me here knows where I stood with the Les firing. But Geno is the coach now, and he has shown he is very capable of returning this team to the top of the Valley. However, two years is certainly not enough time to evaluate a coach, and I will wait until the end of year 4 before I can make a fair judgement of him. Obviously his recruiting will be very critical towards the next two seasons and beyond.
 
Chico depends on how you see things I guess. I do see negativity on this board but that is not what will drive me from this board. What will drive me out is the consistent hijacking of threads to talk about the past and a continuous he said she said of our last coaching regime. I was a big JL fan but am well past the firing. I will say that I will hold certain people accountable if things go in the wrong direction in the long term. That's just the nature of the beast but hopefully things will go forward in a positive way for the program.

And Aggieman, don't forget Aggieman HA. HA. HAW! Seriously though, great job by DC and the mods for looking out for extremists. Good to see that people are getting behind the program. I like JL, then I didn't, now I remember his Golden Days with fondness, ready to move ahead and excited for the future!
 
I think an honest evaluation of our current team/players is totally fair.

These are grown men being paid $30,000 dollars a year to play basketball and go to school.

I feel it is justifiable to say, "I think this player hasn't developed the last few years like I had hoped."

That isn't bashing at all.


You all want to complain about playing on Thursday's but don't want to discuss the biggest reason why.
 
I think an honest evaluation of our current team/players is totally fair.

These are grown men being paid $30,000 dollars a year to play basketball and go to school.

I feel it is justifiable to say, "I think this player hasn't developed the last few years like I had hoped."

That isn't bashing at all.


You all want to complain about playing on Thursday's but don't want to discuss the biggest reason why.

Well said FWO. I think respectful criticism of college players is fine as long as it doesn't cross the line. Unfortunately, determining what that line is varies from person to person. Hence, the problem.

FWIW, I think this site does a great job in moderating this player criticism to prevent things from getting too personal and out of control.
 
I think every BU fan enjoys listening to Snell.. but his comments about Jake were ridiculous. I will leave it at that.
 
Well said FWO. I think respectful criticism of college players is fine as long as it doesn't cross the line. Unfortunately, determining what that line is varies from person to person. Hence, the problem.

FWIW, I think this site does a great job in moderating this player criticism to prevent things from getting too personal and out of control.

+1 to that, B4L

For all the disagreements and disputes with the mods, at the same time, most of us greatly appreciate what you guys do day in and day out to make this site truly awesome! It's kind of like our daily bread to feed our sports minds & souls.
 
I think an honest evaluation of our current team/players is totally fair.

These are grown men being paid $30,000 dollars a year to play basketball and go to school.

I feel it is justifiable to say, "I think this player hasn't developed the last few years like I had hoped."

That isn't bashing at all.


You all want to complain about playing on Thursday's but don't want to discuss the biggest reason why.

Yes sir. People are far too sensitive. Do you think that there is no honest discussion and evaluation of players/coach/state of the program on every other message board in the country?

If a player isn't performing, the fans reserve every right to call him out for it. And an honest person will give that same player all the credit he deserves if he IS performing.

The people that complain about people "bashing" players are the same ones that chastise people for cheering loudly during games.
 
wow - that's total news to me...
I am one who complains about those who bash players BUT I am also one who stands often and cheers loudly at games and never have chastised anyone in my life for doing so...
I think maybe you have that statement backwards...those who love the players and are offended by harsh criticism of them
are THE VERY PEOPLE who go to the games and cheer the loudest.

I have frequently seen and heard the players themselves and their families saying that they are hurt by such harsh and unfair criticism...and that they view the criticism they see on message boards as ignorant ramblings by uninformed people who think they are more important to the situation than they are.
 
Back
Top