• Welcome to BradleyFans.com! Visitors are welcome, but we encourage you to sign up and register as a member. It's free and takes only a few seconds. Just click on the link to Register at the top right of the page, and follow instructions. If you have any problems or questions, click on the link at the bottom right of the page to Contact Us.

Paul Herzog

BUfan39

New member
Does anyone have an update on Paul Herzog? I notice he wasn??™t doing the PA on Thursday night for the exhibition game with Carroll. I don??™t know about you all but it made a big difference for me.
 
Joe Dalfonso did a good job filling in, but PA Paul is a fixture at the PA desk.
He will be back for the next game. He might even be back by now.
From what I have heard, he planned to be back from a vacation in Florida to do the Carroll game, but an unexpected issue arose that kept him from travelling. Expect to see him on crutches when you see him Wednesday. :)
 
By the way, I believe this will be Paul's 43rd year as the Bradley PA announcer. He took over for Dave Snell in 1976. Dave did the PA job for 1 season after Frank Bussone left to do play-by-play on TV the year before. Then Paul took over for the 1976-77 season. So Paul has done 42 straight years, and 637 straight Bradley home games (not counting exhibitions).

Paul has never been paid for his work. Like all the members of the fantastic Bradley game-day crew, they are all dedicated, unpaid volunteers.

And Paul has also done all the IHSA state tournament basketball games in Peoria for the last 22 years!
 
It did make a big difference not having Paul there. He is awesome, and I didn??™t know he was unpaid. I truly appreciate Paul??™s and Dave Snell??™s contribution to the BU basketball experience.
 
Having done PA work way back in high school I can tell ya it's not an easy gig. Joe is such a nice guy but he announced our starting line up and any time we scored like he was in a library. Makes you appreciate the passion that Paul brings to the job.
 
I thought Joe did a very good job filling in for PA Paul but it will be good to see him Wednesday back in his old chair. If you get a chance stop by the table and ask him whats worse his ankle or his golf cart. LOL
 
Nothing against Joe I think he did a nice job. Paul is just very good at what he does. He??™s so good when he??™s not there you absolutely notice. Glad to hear he??™ll be back next week!
 
Back
Top