• Welcome to BradleyFans.com! Visitors are welcome, but we encourage you to sign up and register as a member. It's free and takes only a few seconds. Just click on the link to Register at the top right of the page, and follow instructions. If you have any problems or questions, click on the link at the bottom right of the page to Contact Us.

Final score: Bradley 66 Evansville 53

Da Coach

Moderator
Staff member
Bradley (13-7, 3-4) plays Evansville (12-8, 2-5) on Saturday, Jan. 20, at 7:00 PM Central at the Civic Center.

The game will be streamed on ESPN3.com-
http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3245306/evansville-vs-bradley-m-basketball

Live Stats-
http://www.sidearmstats.com/bradley/mbball/

Chat room-
http://www.chatzy.com/bradleyfans

Radio- http://www.1470wmbd.com/

Bradley is coming off an 81-65 road loss at Loyola last Saturday, and a 70-57 road loss at Illinois State Wednesday night.

Evansville is coming off an 81-65 road loss at Drake last Saturday, and a 71-66 home loss to Indiana State on Wednesday night.

Evansville was picked 9th in the MVC Preseason Poll, Bradley was 7th-
http://mvc-sports.com/news/2017/10/...-state-picked-to-win-mvc-mens-basketball.aspx

Evansville schedule and results-
http://gopurpleaces.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Evansville website-
http://www.gopurpleaces.com/index.aspx?path=mbball

UE stats-
http://www.mvc.org/mbb/stats/UE.HTM#team.ind

BU stats-
http://www.mvc.org/mbb/stats/BRAD.HTM#team.ind

MVC stats-
http://www.mvc.org/mbb/stats/confstat.htm

MVC Standings-
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../_/id/18/year/2018/missouri-valley-conference
 
Definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and expecting a different result


Not sure what you mean, but Bradley is undefeated at home this season, and Evansville is 0-3 in MVC road games, so I don't know any fan who is expecting a different result Saturday. :)
 
Not sure what you mean, but Bradley is undefeated at home this season, and Evansville is 0-3 in MVC road games, so I don't know any fan who is expecting a different result Saturday. :)

Home court advantage won't overcome a 24 pt defeat that we experienced previously. We have not gotten better in the past games. Even if we improve by 14 pts we still lose by 10. Trust me, I hope I'm wrong, but I find it hard right now to have much optimism with this team.
 
Home court advantage won't overcome a 24 pt defeat that we experienced previously. We have not gotten better in the past games. Even if we improve by 14 pts we still lose by 10. Trust me, I hope I'm wrong, but I find it hard right now to have much optimism with this team.

I think you are underestimating how soft both of these teams are on the road.
 
I expect to win both on Saturday and Tuesday.

I expect the same. Until we lose at home, I expect this team to hold serve at home. We seem to play with a different intensity in our building and find ways to win when we don't play our best. 5-4 after Tuesday evening wouldn't feel so bad.
 
I think your underestimating the Bears. If we get the next two. Then we go undefeated . Big If tho. Go get it done. #TheMovement. #Onwardandupward.

We need EVERYONE.
 
I think your underestimating the Bears. If we get the next two. Then we go undefeated . Big If tho. Go get it done. #TheMovement. #Onwardandupward.

We need EVERYONE.

Missouri State is tough, but not invincible. They lost their last 2 MVC road games at Illinois State and at Evansville.
And even their 2 most recent games, which have both been at home, they barely squeaked by Indiana State, and then trailed much of their next game against Valparaiso before pulling out a 7 point win.
If Bradley plays as well as they have in their home games this year, they should win.
 
Home court advantage won't overcome a 24 pt defeat that we experienced previously. We have not gotten better in the past games. Even if we improve by 14 pts we still lose by 10. Trust me, I hope I'm wrong, but I find it hard right now to have much optimism with this team.

Glad you were wrong
 
Attendance was 6,285
That is the highest attendance at any home game this season. The previous high was 5,684 for the 12/31/17 home game against Northern Iowa.

Bradley is now 14-7 overall, and 4-4 in the MVC. They are 10-0 at home.
The average home attendance is now 5,134 per game, easily the top average attendance in the MVC.
 
Elijah Childs was a monster on both ends of the court... 4 blocks, 2 steals, 11 pts, 8 reb..and he plays great defense, sets bgood screens...
he is fun to watch, something good happens every time he's involved...

I kinda wish he'd have been playing more ...
 
At tonight??™s game there was a scoreboard blurb about Hersey??™s game in 1988 when he set the all time scoring record. Can someone tell me the date and opponent? I have a signed ticket stub from 1/21/1988 against SIU, but I wasn??™t sure if that was the actual game or not.
 
At tonight’s game there was a scoreboard blurb about Hersey’s game in 1988 when he set the all time scoring record. Can someone tell me the date and opponent? I have a signed ticket stub from 1/21/1988 against SIU, but I wasn’t sure if that was the actual game or not.

Yes, that January 21, 1988 game at Carver Arena against Southern Illinois was the game Hersey surpassed Mitchell Anderson's Career Bradley scoring record of 2,341 points. Hersey would go on to add a bunch more and end up with a career total of 3,008 points, surpassing Oscar Robertson's MVC career record of 2,973 as well. Hersey still ranks #1 all time in MVC history, and #8 all time in Division I career scoring.
 
Back
Top