• Welcome to BradleyFans.com! Visitors are welcome, but we encourage you to sign up and register as a member. It's free and takes only a few seconds. Just click on the link to Register at the top right of the page, and follow instructions. If you have any problems or questions, click on the link at the bottom right of the page to Contact Us.

Dana Altman a "leading candidate" to take Wake Forest coaching job?

Dana is probably fed up with the player issues and the media and fan criticisms...I say he bolts and leaves the Bluejay fans for a better deal and better fans.
 
Dana is probably fed up with the player issues and the media and fan criticisms...I say he bolts and leaves the Bluejay fans for a better deal and better fans.

Ironic considering he ditched the Arkansas job a few years ago for the same reasons. But this past season he had a lot of baggage to deal with. However, I don't think Creighton is in that bad of shape next season. With P' Allen Smith leaving, you have "addition by subtraction" along with some good returning talent. So I believe Creighton will be much better next year, and he may be better off staying around.

Then again, if he feels he can't get much more out of Creighton than he has, this may be the opportunity he's looking for. Interesting how true this twitter report is.
 
A transition to Wake Forest would be a lot easier than a transition to Arkansas. Wake and Creighton are very similar schools. Arkansas and Creighton are polar opposites.
 
Maybe JL finally getting the best of him in a big game put him over the edge for being ready to leave the Valley. ;-)

I hope he stays, guess we will see.
 
Like the Wake Forest opening, a Creighton opening would further speed the carousel in what has been an offseason of surprises! I would think Creighton would be a highly sought after position, and it would be interesting to see if anyone else in the league looks at that (McKenna, Jacobson, Jankovich).

And if Marshall bolts, I would think Wichita has Kansas assistant Dooley on speed-dial if either that and/or he doesn't get the Charlotte gig.
 
I don't know that I agree.
Wichita could have considered Dooley 2 years ago when Turgeon left unexpectedly, but he was never considered. From everything I hear, Wichita State people generally dislike Kansas, and may not be likely to "lower themselves" to consider a Kansas assistant. It would probably be another successful head coach like Marshall was.
 
Dooley is already being named as a top candidate for Wake and Charlotte...far more logical choices than most other openings.....

Dooley is an east coast native - born and raised there, going to high school and college on the east coast.....
and was previous head coach of East Carolina and also assisted at ECU & South Carolina from 1988 thru 2000....
It has been rumored that he has been holding out for a coaching opportunity back east and that explains why he's actually turned down other opportunities
.......but obviously money can talk and since being at Kansas the past few years his stock has risen.........
 
I don't know that I agree.
Wichita could have considered Dooley 2 years ago when Turgeon left unexpectedly, but he was never considered. From everything I hear, Wichita State people generally dislike Kansas, and may not be likely to "lower themselves" to consider a Kansas assistant. It would probably be another successful head coach like Marshall was.

I'm confused...wasn't Turgeon originally from KS?
 
Turgeon was an assistant at Kansas back in 1987-1992.
He held several other jobs after that, including being the head coach at Jacksonville State when he was hired at Wichita State in 2000.
He was not a Kansas assistant when he was hired by WSU, and hadn't been associated with Kansas for 8 years when WSU hired him.
I don't think WSU people look up to Kansas the way they might have in the past.
 
I'm not a fan of the way Wake let go of their coach, but I generally consider them the class of the ACC in terms of, well, class (Duke, up there too, but i refuse to give them credit). I think it would be great for both parties were Altman to take the WF job, though I don't want it to happen. I like keeping good coaches in conference, it keeps the MVC strong.
 
They're really bashing Altman over on the Wake board. I doubt Wellman would be so stupid as to hire someone with no better NCAA Tourney record than Dino.

Oh, and Wake lost their class when they fired Dino. Wellman's gonna be gone in 3-5 years unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.
 
They're really bashing Altman over on the Wake board. I doubt Wellman would be so stupid as to hire someone with no better NCAA Tourney record than Dino.

Oh, and Wake lost their class when they fired Dino. Wellman's gonna be gone in 3-5 years unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

B4L could there be something else behind the firing. The nicety between both parties smells of like more then what is being said and WF is too classy perhaps to air their dirty laundry.
 
B4L could there be something else behind the firing. The nicety between both parties smells of like more then what is being said and WF is too classy perhaps to air their dirty laundry.

That's possible and has been speculated but I've heard nothing definate. Wellman did say they want a coach that fits Wake's "values".... whatever the he!! that means. My first thought was Dino's Catholic and Wake is a Baptist institution built with tobacco money and maybe Dino was bringing religion to the team..... but I highly doubt that.

The more likely scenario is that Wake just got tired of recruiting studs that only stayed 1-2 years before going pro...... they had no continuity or consistency from one year to the next. Right now, Wake only has 5 scholarship players for next year and cannot afford to lose any of the 5 incoming recruits (one of the best classes in the country).

You know me SFP, if there's dirt to be had on this I will find it. :lol: I'll keep on diggin' ;) :lol:
 
I think the niceness between Wake and Gaudio is the fact that Gaudio got the job when Skip Prosser tragically passed away. Gaudio was on the staff, and they had to make the quick hire due to Prosser. He might not have been the guy that they truly wanted, but gave him a few years to see what he could do.
 
I think the niceness between Wake and Gaudio is the fact that Gaudio got the job when Skip Prosser tragically passed away. Gaudio was on the staff, and they had to make the quick hire due to Prosser. He might not have been the guy that they truly wanted, but gave him a few years to see what he could do.

That may be true. But Wellman should not have extended Gaudio's contract last year then. He's got a lot to answer for, IMO. Personally, I think his AD of the Year Award went to his head and his ego can't stand being third fiddle to UNC and Duke. I think he's going to try to fix something that ain't really broke..... and that it will cost him HIS job in the end.
 
Back
Top